Flag of East Berlin (Ostberlin)
Top sellers from our flag shop
9,95 €Show in shop
0,70 €Show in shop
The East Berlin flag is white with a red horizontal stripe at the top and bottom.In the center is a red coat of arms with a white background, in the center of which is depicted a black Berlin bear.On the coat of arms is a large red crown.
The flag was used in East Berlin from 1956 to 1990.
That's what ChatGPT knows about the flag of East Berlin (Ostberlin)
The flag of East Berlin was a symbol of the division of Germany and the divided capital. It was introduced on October 1, 1969 and served as a symbol of the east of the city. It remained in use until reunification in 1990.
The flag of East Berlin was introduced on October 1, 1954. It consisted of a red background with a black, five-pointed star symbol on it. This symbol represented the five socialist republics that made up the Eastern Bloc. The flag was used until the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
The historical flag of East Berlin was a black-red-yellow flag. It consisted of a black square in the upper left corner, a red square in the lower left corner and a yellow square in the upper right corner. This flag was used as the official symbol of the German Democratic Republic from 1949 to 1990. It represented the socialist ideology and the pursuit of unity and solidarity.