Flag of Hanover
The flag of Hanover consists of two horizontal stripes of the same size: Money on top and White on the bottom.
The flag features the city arms of Hanover. The coat of arms shows a silver wall with two tin towers on a red background; in the open gate there is a golden shield with a green Mary's flower or shamrock (unexplained) under a black portcullis; between the towers there is a golden lion.
The coat of arms is verifiable as a seal as early as 1266, with Mary's flower/shamrock (previously a mint mark) as of 1534, the lion being the symbol of the Guelphs or of the rule of the Duchy of Brunswick, to whose dominion the city belonged. The city's coat of arms has had its present form since 1929. The old city colors of red, yellow and green were replaced by red and white in 1897. (Source: Wikipedia)
The people of Hannover are very proud of their new town hall, the Herrenhäuser Gardens and their soccer club Hannover 96.